Par 72 18 hole golf course
The Local Rules are now displayed only on the website and not on the score cards. Please see below
GOLF LOCAL RULES
- OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 18)
- Beyond any hedge, fence, or white stakes defining the boundary of the course. The path to the left of the 14th and 15th holes is also out of bounds.
- During play of the 13th hole, the course on the right side of the hole, defined by white stakes, is out of bounds.These stakes are treated as boundary objects during the play of the 13th hole. For all other holes, they are immovable obstructions and don’t signify out of bounds when playing the 14th hole.
- During play of the 17th hole, the 12th hole as defined by white stakes and the course to the right of this as seen from the 17th tee, is out of bounds. These stakes are treated as boundary objects during the play of the 17th hole. For all other holes, they are immovable obstructions and don’t signify out of bounds when playing the 12th hole.
- On the wasteland to the left of the 5th tee where white stakes are placed is out of bounds.
- PENALTY AREAS (Rule 17)
- Penalty areas are marked by red or yellow stakes.
- All surface ditches and drains are deemed to be red penalty areas.
- The red penalty area on the right-hand-side of the 3rd hole, opposite the first bunker, defined on only one side extends to infinity.
- The red penalty area on the left-hand-side of the 8th hole, defined on only one side extends to infinity.
- If a ball is in the penalty areas of either the pond or the ditch behind the green on the 11th hole, including when it is known or virtually certain that a ball that has not been found came to rest in the penalty area, the player has these relief options, each for one penalty stroke
- Take relief under Rule 17.1, or
- As an extra option, drop the original ball or another ball in the dropping zone, on the mat, on the right-hand side of the hole by the pond. The dropping zone is a relief area under Rule 14.3.
- The River Stour to the left of the 13th hole and to the left of the 16th hole beyond the last large Ash tree are also deemed a red penalty area and the edge of the penalty area is the start of the rough following the edge of the cut grass.
- IMMOVABLE OBSTUCTIONS (Rule 16.1)
- All artificially surfaced roads and paths, including one-club length either side.
- All staked new trees; relief MUST be taken.
- All fixed sprinkler heads, drain covers and junction boxes.
- All coloured post markers, footbridges, fence posts and rails, wooden steps, benches and fairway marker discs.
- GROUND UNDER REPAIR (Rule 16.1)
All areas indicated by blue stakes and/or GUR notices. Re-seeded areas (with the exception of seeded divots) are prohibited areas and relief MUST be taken.
- ABNORMAL COURSE CONDITIONS (Rule 16.1)
- Relief may be taken from all drainage lines throughout the course even if your ball can’t be found but it is certain, or virtually certain, that it has been lost in the drainage line.
- In bunkers, dog paw prints are treated as ground under repair from which relief is allowed under
- Weeds and bird damage on the putting green are ground under repair from which free relief is allowed under Rule 16.1d. Interference does not exist if weed/ bird damage only interferes with
- MOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Rule 15.2)
Rakes in bunkers are movable obstructions.
Need Help With Your Booking?
Our friendly and helpful team would be more than happy to help you with your booking, simply call us on 0800 6897877.
Become a Member
If you would like to become a member, you can explore our membership options online and then give us a call. We can also help guide you with what membership would be best suited to you. Contact us on 0800 6897877 to become a member or leave us a message through our online form.
Par 3 Course
Come and sharpen up your short game on our fantastic 9 hole par 3 course!